Memory Quilts by Molly contain MORE than just t-shirts!
Below is a list of items that work really well in these quilts:
Memory Quilts can and should be made up of more than just t-shirts! So many of my quilts contain precious garments other than t-shirts! Select items that are most memorable for you or your loved one.
- mesh jerseys
- high performance shirts like Under Armour
- long sleeve and short sleeve knit shirts,
- golf shirts
- men's and women's bathing suits
- long sleeve, cotton button down shirts-Hawaiian shirts work well
- sweat shirts
- flannel or fleece pants
- all baby clothing
- ties and handkerchiefs
- cotton bed sheets can also be used
- high school varsity letters, jacket or sweater
- suspenders or aprons
- boy scout badges
- girl scout badges
- baseball patches
- canvas bags with nice logos on them
- beach towels
- Baptismal outfits
- any homemade cloth item-even felt
- graduation gowns
- graduation sashes
Items that don't work well:
- wool blankets
- baseball hats
- anything that doesn't lay flat
- super thick items
- button down baseball jerseys
The Modern style Lap quilt shown here contains:
- a Baptismal Cap
- a Baptismal outfit
- 2 graduation gowns
- a graduation sash
- the hospital scrub that was worn when the child was born!
Items up close:
A Baptismal cap was added to make this quilt extra special!
A Catholic felt banner was added too!
Below is a Twin size baby quilt filled with precious items from the child's infancy!
The Baby Quilt contains:
- over 75 items!
- several bibs
- a bathing suit
- holiday dress
- bath towels
- receiving blankets
- a baptismal outfit
Up close of the special items incorporated in this quilt:
This baby quilt took an enormous amount of time to create. It is truly a custom quilt. The end result is a wonderful quilt for Josie's bed!